Monday, March 30, 2009

Marc or Aldo?


Favorite Oufit: Nanette Lepore blazer & shorts.



Marc by Marc Jacobs "Lace up ankle boots", $550


Aldo shoes "Shrewsberry", $125

I came across these lace up sandals when browsing for stuff I can't afford at Saks.com, the contemporary video catalog is pretty cool (you get to see how the fabric moves) and some of the outfits are perfect for spring. My favorite was probably the cream boyfriend blazer and shorts suit (by Nanette Lepore)since I 've been wanting to get one for a while now. That's when I saw these Marc by MJ shoes and I think I them. I always know when I (really) like something, it's easy: I see something that catches my eye, I wonder how it would look on me, the versatility of the item, and if it's "different" (as in interesting). If this happens for more than 2 days, then I must (really) like it. This happens to me. A lot.

Since I can't afford to pay $550 for them right now (I'm saving money for a Badgley Mischka bag, from the platinum collection, obviously) I was somewhat relieved to see that the Aldo website carries a very similar, if not almost exact copy of this sandals. I think they would look adorable with spring dresses (and I'm really staring to get the spring dress fever already) Although they are a bit lower than the original MJ's they are still cute and about $400 cheaper.

I'll sleep on it tonight (actually it's hard for to sleep when I have a possible shooe investment in mind), but I'll try.

(Source: top: Saks.com, middle: Aldoshoes.com, bottom: Saks.com)


Gracias,

K.

No comments:

Post a Comment